OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bed rest update

Happy New Year! I am doing well. However, on Wednesday night, I woke up several times with a backache and just uncomfortable pains. I had a hard time resting. By morning, I told Luke and we decided to call Dr. Mason to check in. I went into his office about 10am to find that my cervix length shortened from 2.6cm to 1.9 in less than a week. I was placed on a contraction monitor for contractions, and luckily I didn't have any at that time. I took the first baby steroid shot on Thursday with the booster yesterday. The steroid shot is for the babies to help their lungs develop a little quicker. I am now on Procardia to slow down minor contractions. Fun stuff! I feel like a pen cushion these days, heparin shots, hydroxyprogesterone shots, steroid shots....uggg. Also, I am now on complete flat bed rest AT HOME with only bathroom privileges.

Just a heads up! When my cervix length goes below 1.5 cm, I will be hospitalized in Dallas. This could be as early as next week or  4-5 weeks when I am placed in the hospital for monitoring.  This does not mean the babies will come any time soon, but we are getting ready for the last leg of the journey. Since I am only 28/29 weeks, the babies still need to cook, but I may need to be in a hospital with a NICU to protect these precious babies. 

Whew..I have been a nervous nelly and a little negative. But, I finally got my thoughts in order. I am ready for the 'final countdown.' Also, I had great company on NYE. Jamie, Jojo, Chloe, Janjan, Hannah. We had so much fun and it cheered me up! Papaw and Hannah did our grocery shopping for the weekend! Jojo brought stew for lunch. Janjan let me open an early shower gift of baby bottles, bottle sterilizer, cute grass drying rack, and baby boy mobile with sports balls. :)  In November, a baby shower was cancelled due to my bed rest, however, my sweet friends and fam bought me two new Graco carseats as the hostess gift!  (I have not even said THANK YOU! I hope you know how thankful I am for the new carseats and your friendship.) Papa and Gran surprised us,too, with a special, early shower gift of a jog stroller and car seat stroller! Plus, Cita and Capt gave us two precious carseat covers (early shower gift). I couldn't wait to get the strollers and covers on the seats! Jamie and Janjan put together two strollers and two carseats. Much thanks to Jamie and Janjan for the man-labor! ;) Check them out!




Marley and Andy in the seats with their mommy, Hannah, and aunt, Chloe. 

Hannah getting her muscles in shape to haul at least one carseat

Wasn't as easy as it looked...but they DID IT! 

so cute !

I LOVE MY FANCY JOG STROLLER!

So do the big girls...notice my 'new' thumb sucker.  (Never sucked her thumb in her life.)


Then we got out the pacis.
 Please continue to pray for strong babies and quick growth!  Praise be to GOD !

No comments:

Post a Comment