OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gestational diabetes

Flat bed rest-check
diabetic diet-check
Achy body-check
baby punching my hip bone-check
baby kicking my rib bone-check
No more than 7 weeks to go-PRICELESS!!

Yes, I have gestational diabetes. I don't have to take insulin, only monitor with diet. So...my diet consists of high protein and veggies, low carb, no sugars. Luke and I normally eat a similar diet when I am not preggo, but we gave it up at the beginning of this pregnancy. I really haven't had a big appetite or any cravings so It shouldn't be too bad for 5-7 weeks.
I am a little skeptical of the diet plan bc it says diet drinks, artificial sweeteners are safe But monitor the milk and fruit intake. In my opinion, sweeteners aren't safe for anyone especially not big preggo women and limit milk, really? I will do my best with the diet but I am not gonna starve.

I will now go to doctor every Monday for blood sugar check and cervical check. Should be fun!
Only 5-7 more weeks! Only 5-7 more weeks... I am clicking my heels!

Over the weekend, Sarah Dudley was here! It was so fun to see her! She worked around the house, helped with 'chatty' Hannah, cooked, worked in nursery, and kept me company. It went by too fast and I was sad to see her go. Luke was able to enjoy some 'cabin' time on Friday with no kids or mommy. He was thankful and he deserved it!

Monday, January 17th- first blood sugar check. Doc will be out of town this week so I will only have lab work.

Thank you to:

Janjan-chick and dumplings, groceries, laundry
Gram Pam & Daddy George-letting Ava and Hannah have a sleep over. She loved it!
Sara C- watching movies and keeping me company, grocery shopping for my new diet plan, cooking
Katie & cita-taking old baby stuff to consign
Audra &Meli-helping in nursery, visiting
Anne abston-chick spaghetti

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tasa!
    Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes! As someone who has diabetes and had it throughout my entire pregnancy, I know it can be annoying, but it won't be long. Before you know it, those babies will be delivered and you can have a BIG chocolate milkshake in the hospital! Ha! (they say to lay off the milk and fruits with GD because of the natural sugars in them. They can raise your blood sugar.) Hope the next few weeks fly by for you and congrats on making it this far!
    Marci Bruner

    ReplyDelete