OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Thursday, January 6, 2011

29 week check-up!

I had my 29 week check-up today and there were no changes in cervical length. My cervical length is still holding steady at 1.9 cm. I have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks which is interesting! Flat bed rest doesn't necessarily make me gain weight bc i have to eat while laying flat. It is such a pain! I miss eating at a 45 degree angle! I did the routine, 'yummy' glucose test for gestational diabetes and I will find out results tomorrow. Also, my belly is measuring 34cm which I think is 34 weeks. He said this was normal with twins! Belly is getting so big!

Most of you know I was not super excited about the appointment simply bc of the news we got last week. Actually, I had mom pack my bag and I made an additional packing list. However, the doc was pleased with no changes and I am home for at least one more week! One week at a time...baby steps!

Mom and I had a great time on Wednesday as she continued to work in the nursery. She washed all the bitty preemie clothes with dreft, picked up house, made lunch, laundry, grocery shopped, picked up Han from school and took her to get a hair cut. Ms. Lori cut 2 inches off Hannahs hair. She straightened it to make sure the cut was even. Hannah looked so different
and grown up with straight hair....she LOVED it, my little Diva! Also, she got to show of her new do for Papaws bday! He brought over Lees China and we visited!

Bed rest update

11 weeks ! Its pretty unbelievable when I think about it! This has been my greatest challenge ever, no doubt! I've always said that being a mommy was my greatest challenge (with an unmeasurable reward)! Now, I get to be a mommy of 3 which will come with countless challenges, of course, but...it will be the best feeling in the world! Luke and I will be the most blessed parents on the planet! If we can make it through 4 total pregnancies in 5 years, 3 of which high risk pregnancies, infertility, 12 plus weeks of bed rest with a 5 year old...we can do anything! I Can't wait to say "Cheers to us!" and yes, Luke, I expect champagne! ;)


As I lay flat...I think about one million things that I would love to do like go out eat, wash laundry, cook, pick Hannah up from school, walk around Target or even Walmart, go to the
gym, go to watch the Aggies tomorrow night in the cotton bowl, take a walk with Hannah, sit on my porch, clean my bathrooms, go on a date with my husband.....the list goes on and on! However, I think of Jamie and Jojo's fave joke, "what did the monkey say when he got his tail
cut off? It won't be long now!" ;0)

I am very much looking forward to a small, family shower this Sunday in my home! I have told the ' big sis' that she is responsible for opening gifts as I lay flat in the recliner! Thank you all for making this possible! The guests will also get to see the nursery which is almost complete. ;)

Muchas gracias for meals to:
Beth Price and Mollie Means- yummy meatballs, mashed taters, pintos, and delish choc sheet cake....I ate every drop and only shared a little!
Jojo-chicken stew and cornbread! And for buying a cute car from Sandlin motors!
Mr and Mrs. Sinclair- roast and all trimmings, banana pudding
Papaw- Lees china, chicken fried steak lunch, subway lunch
Janjan- thank u for being my hands and feet around my house and nursery! I know I am a little neurotic!
Judi Howell-chicken pot pie lunch and great visit! ;)

Big thank you to my precious Aggie gals Lara, Julie, Laura, Sarah,Monte, Shelley: for sending
Luke such nice words of encouragement and the biggo gift card to Bass Pro ! He has done unbelievably well with all the stress from me, Hannah, and work! You are so sweet to think of us and reward him, too!


Thank you for your endless prayers and happy thoughts! It's all in Gods hands and His precious timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment