OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

28 weeks...and counting

Today marks 10 weeks of bed rest since Oct. 20th.  We have come a LONG way, baby(s)!  I am counting down about 6 more weeks of bed rest then I can do a little dance...a little one! :)  Then, maybe the babies will hold on a week or so after that.  Ahhh...wouldn't that be perfect?   

I am getting super excited about getting the nursery organized and my house in order before the babies' birthday.  Of course, all I can do is lay back and 'bark orders.'  (Luke calls me 'mission control'...which next week he may call me "walk and flop" like Jack called Amanda...walk and flop in a chair. Still makes me laugh, Amanda! Sorry!) I don't mean to be bossy but it is my ONLY way to get things done...without getting up and doing myself.  (I know, I am a little controlling.  I am sorry!)  Next time ANYONE is on bed rest, I will be the first one at their door listening to all their orders.  I owe everyone by this point! 

So, has 10 weeks been that bad ? No, not really!  It has gone by fast!  I am just wearing out all my help before the babies get here.  :)  However, I think it will be a little more exciting to come visit me when I have two precious newborns at home. 

Next Appt: Tuesday, January 4th- 8:30

Christmas Update

We had a fabulous, relaxed Christmas.  The only thing Luke, Hannah, and I missed was Christmas Eve Church service which is always a nice reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.  However, we enjoyed mom and Ralph's company on Christmas Eve and had yummy fajitas.  Hannah got to open her gifts from JanJan and Pop and she was THRILLED!  Mom and Hannah made reindeer food and set out food for Santa.  We read the Night Before Christmas and then off to bed.  What a BIG girl! 

Marley got a new outfit.  New Moxie doll


Sharing Santa's Milk
Christmas is so much fun with a 5 year old!  Everything is so real and magical!  Hannah was in bed by 9 and I think daddy woke her up at 7AM because HE was so excited.  Also, mommy didn't sleep well in anticipation of Hannah's reaction to Santa. :)   Hannah didn't ask for much from Santa but he treated her well.  Papaw came over to share in the excitement with gifts in tow! 




Marley and new baby boy "Andy"



Twins stroller just like Mommy's
I made one trip (4 miles) to Gran and Papas house on Christmas morning and quickly sat in the recliner.  We had breakfast and enjoyed opening more packages. :) 
We rested (a little) through the afternoon. Aunt Jaclyn was willing to help with Hannah while Luke picked up the Christmas explosion in our house.  It is amazing how domestic he has become. ;)   Then, the Anderson, Fites, Sandlins, Aunt Amy and Diana came to our house for tamales and more gifts!  It was a fun and easy night for me as everyone visited, cooked, worked, cleaned around me in my chair.  Thank you all for coming to our house to celebrate Christmas with us.  It meant the world to us!  Luke is becoming quite the hostess. 

So, I have spent three holidays in the chair and working on one more...NYE.  Jamie, Chloe, Kline, Shane-O, Grammy, JanJan, and Pop are coming to celebrate NYE with us!  I am looking forward to seeing them!  I am not sure if I will make it to midnight but I know we will have a GREAT time!

Muchas Gracias this week to:
Pastor Chuck and Ms. Kathy-Chicken soup and prayer.  :)  Made my day so much brighter! 
Uncle Joe, Roslyn, and Aunt Det-Mexican Stack, Poblano peppers
JanJan and Pop-Fajitas and fixings
Staci and Thomas Ratliff-Gumbo, French Bread, Choc chip cookies
Uncle Bill and Aunt Sally Ratliff-Tallerene, Lemon Chiffon pie
Audra Pennington- chicken and rice meal. :) and keeping Hannah
Carol-helping with Hannah on Monday, laundry, errands
Sara and Shane Calhoun-Fried fish dinner
DAD/Papaw-gettin groceries, takin Hannah to movie, errands :)

JanJan and Aunt Katie- Organizing 4 toy closets, play room, and Hannahs bed room!  How did 10 bags of trash come out of all those toys ?  ...I am SO glad to have all that done!  Also, thank u, Katie, for shampooing my rugs and carpets!  I feel so refreshed!  What a WONDERFUL treat! 

Thank you all for praying for us daily!  I think I will go the distance!  These miracle babies are pretty strong!  Just need them to stay in their little home a little longer!  Away we GROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment