OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 week check-up and Sonogram

I had an abnormal result on my Glucose/gestational diabetes test last week.(I am sure you are thinking, Really? How can one pregnancy be so difficult?  I don't have an answer, of course.  However, these babies are more than worth it, I have no doubt they will be perfect!)  

So, When the glucose test is abnormal, they have to do a second test.  It requires fasting then four blood tests, three hours apart.  I will know the results Friday morning, hopefully.   If it is positive then I have gestational diabetes.  We will simply regulate with diet and has no effect on the babies.  However, it can lead to larger babies at birth, which doc says, is not a bad thing.  If negative, I van continue to eat my sweets! 

Cervical length is 1.7cm.  Still in the safe range!  I am still home on flat bed rest.  Baby brother is laying on my cervix. If we can get him to move, we will be home free!  Luke's answer is laying 'upside down' in recliner  ;) sounds so fun!

Sonogram showed:
Baby girl-estimated at 2 lbs. 14 oz; measuring 29 weeks, 1 day
Baby boy-estimated at 2 lbs. 13 oz; measuring 29 weeks 2 days

They are growing at the same pace which is so important! 

Next appt: Monday, January 24th 8:30. 

Hannah update-

I have to brag on my 5 year old.  She took math midterm benchmark tests yesterday and scored PERFECT/Established on all five tests! AND last night, she read every word in a second grade book!   She continues to amaze me!  Report cards go out this week and she will be getting a reward!  Thank you, Mrs Fite,for your hard work in your classroom.  It does not go unnoticed!  You are a blessing to each child in your class!  We love you!         



God is great!  Continue to pray for two healthy babies, a happy big sister, a stress free daddy and at least 5 more weeks for mama!      

No comments:

Post a Comment