OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Thursday, December 23, 2010

27 weeks and I am still alive!

What a week! I had an appt on Monday and Tuesday which was nice bc I got to leave the house two days in a row. However, I picked up the stomach flu. Boy was it awful...I felt like I was dying! I haven't been sick like that in years. Mommy just doesn't get sick!

The good thing is it only lasted 24hrs and we had lots of help. Luke was a nervous wreck most of the day. He was able to chill a little bit once I got medicine in my system and we realized that it had nothing to do with pregnancy or the babies.  Janjan and hannah hung around the house for a bit to make sure I was alive. At lunch, Papaw got Hannah out of house so she wouldn't be exposed to so many germs. (The night prior she had slept with me and absorbed the virus. So it was pretty much inevitable.) Janjan took Hannah home with her last night and she was only sick twice so we are keeping our fingers crossed today. I don't want a sick baby girl or sick daddy at Christmas!

Aside from that, the babies and I are ok! I have managed to keep down fluids, scrambled eggs, toast, bagel this morning. Praise God! I'm a little weak but all I have to do is rest.

Baby update

Sonogram showed:
Baby girl: 2 lbs 1 oz; measuring right on time, she is growing perfectly!
Baby boy: 2 lbs; measuring 2 days behind sister, growing perfectly too!
Cervix Length: 2.6 cm (normal is greater than 2.5 cm) I am borderline :/

They are both head down with their heads side by side...within inches apart. Baby boy is definitely the most curious of the two. He always looks at the 'camera.' Check it out:

Baby boy posing for the 'camera' with hand up to face

Baby boy perfect profile
Baby girl was pretty shy.  She had her back and neck to the 'camera.'  Maybe she will be my chilled baby girl. 

Hannah

Hannah is thrilled that Santa is coming to town!  She has been quite entertained this week thanks to Lucy Burrows, Audra, Michael, Meli, Janjan, Papaw, Cita, and Aunt Jaclyn.  Also, she and I were able to complete a craft project in my chair.  This is a little table topper for the babies' room.  Hannah LOVES crafts...and decopauge glue.

We have been working in the nursery and it is 75% complete. (Photos to come)  We are borrowing a big rocking recliner from JanJan and Pop so I can go lay in the nursery while everyone works around me.  Luke rearranged the furniture, hung the curtains and patched little nail holes in the walls.  Aunt Katie put the finishing touches on the cribs.  I am still waiting on baskets for the changing table and NEW black armoire (thanks for painting, JanJan and Pop).  I am thrilled to have the hardest part complete.

The babies' got a really cute package in the mail last week from the Carson family.  Hannah opened the package and fell in LOVE!

Two little monkey tobaggans.
I am also looking forward to a small shower that the family has organized on January 9th.  It will be in my home so I will be super comfy in my chair. 


Thank You this week to:
Teresa Kirkham: chicken enchiladas, rice, guacamole, cookies
Luke, Calhouns, penningtons-Texas rolls(duck), fried deer steak...good company! :)
Jaton, Josh, and Sarah - great company, fun Wii party
Donna and Micki- hosting a Santa party! Hannah had a great time!
Laura Currey- lasagna, salad, cheese bread
Ms. Patsy- Christmas snacks
Gran-Red Velvet Cupcakes
Carmen zumaya- posole
Uncle Joe, Aunt Det, Roslyn- Mexican stack, poblano peppers
Cita- chicken casserole, fun pjs and surprises, precious baby clothes,etc
Janjan- dealing with the sick folk, laundry, etc.
Dad-grocery shopping, getting the santa gifts put together, etc.

Thank you most of all to... Luke for being a nurse, cook, maid, sole moneymaker, husband, Santa, and top notch daddy all while managing a fast-paced business!  I know its not easy being a single parent (practically), managing a home and a business.  I am so thankful for YOU! We can do it!  I love you !

Merry Christmas Everyone!  We are so blessed.  Thanks be to GOD !

No comments:

Post a Comment