OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Thursday, February 3, 2011

33 weeks

I am still in hospital on bed rest. I am taking nifedipine for contractions every 6 hours and it seems to make a huge difference. I don't have many contractions which is good, I guess! The only reason they are keeping me here on bed rest is bc of the dilation. I personally don't think I am dilated to a 5 but who knows. On Friday, I will have a growth sonogram. They will measure the babies' and we should know an estimate weight. This will be super helpful! My belly has grown over the past two weeks. I know they are growing babies. I am monitored twice a day for babies' heartbeats and contractions. It is very difficult to get a good reading of two heart beats without one of them moving! They move all the time! On average, I am supposed to stay on the monitor for 20 min in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. However, we normally get half way through and baby girl will have hiccups or baby boy will get sick of being "tied" down. The nurses have learned to balance the monitor on baby boy and he does much better. He will probably not like to be swaddled, buckled in carseat...similar to Hannah. I am usually on monitor (3 belts around the belly, no moving) for about 40 minutes or more. I don't mind it if I can watch the Bachelor or American Idol.

I still have gestational diabetes. My blood sugars are always low, though. (they should be high if I had full blown gd). It took about 8 days to get menu in order and I think they have
it right now, finally. Also, luke or my visitors can bring me meals. I have had Cheesecake Factory, Campisis, Snuffers, chick fil a, and Pappadeux. I have probably gained 5 pounds just this week...which is OK as long as the babies have too.

We have a very tentative plan for the next few weeks. First, I want to get good results on the growth sonogram, then the docs will reevaluate me at 34 weeks which is next week. You never know which day they will reevaluate. They are on their own schedule here....for sure! In my opinion, once I am past 35 weeks, there is no reason to be in Dallas. I really want to come home. So, we will see if I get my wish. Term pregnancy for twins is 37 weeks. I cant imagine being pregnant for 4 more weeks.

We finally got me a mommy car. The cute white Cadillac sold to Cita! We contemplated between a suburban, tahoe or traverse...only Chevys! I chose traverse, for it's size. The inside is similar to a minivan set up with two bucket seats (for babies) plus a third row bench that folds flat for Hannah. We still have a DVD player and 2 sunroofs so Hannah was thrilled Its also really cute! I haven't driven since Oct 19th...kinda scary huh?

My bday was Monday and luke was here with me all day. We had pappadeux for dinner...yummy! Sarah, JD and Lara brought me goodies and a yummy bday bundt cake!

Hannah is coming for the weekend. I think they are going to medieval times on Saturday. She will love it!

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the calls, emails, texts, visits, bday cards, and Facebook msgs. We feel all your love and it wont be much longer. Please plan to celebrate with us in MArch (spring break?) when we are home and back to 'normal' with two babies at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment