OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Friday, February 4, 2011

End in sight

We had a growth sonogram today.  Babies looked great! Fluid and bloodflow were perfect. 

Baby girl 4 lbs, 3 oz
Baby boy 3 lbs, 6 oz

Baby boy has always been a little smaller than baby girl.  However, they both look great ! The drs were not worried. 



Baby boy profile and hand

Baby girl profile and hand. Docs says she has double chin!  GOOD...I hope so!

Much to my surprise, Dr. Magee, (high risk dr) did the sonogram.  Luke and I always ask a lot of questions. (We take up a lot of their time). Dr Magee has been very strict with my bed rest.  I was nervous to ask the hard questions like "Am I really dilated to a 5?" and "Can I go home next week?"  So, he saw Lukes Aggie ring and that seems to help in sticky situations!  Dr. made lots of comments about his daughters visiting Aggieland, he stated that Baylor Hospital Dallas is soon becoming the "teaching" hospital for A&M medicine...and he knows A&M is the best so we gained a little respect from him.  Then I said "whats the plan?"  He quickly said that I can go HOME at 34/35 weeks if my original OBGYN agrees.  :)   NOW, we have a plan!  Assuming that the babies and I remain stable with irregular contractions....we dont want regular contractions!    I feel really good about it!  I am thrilled to have an end in sight!  So, the earliest we would be home would be NEXT Friday, Feb 11, latest would be Monday, Feb 14.  I can be transferred by car.  :)  WOW, makes a big difference when you have some insight into your medical situation!  This can always change depending on the upcoming week.  Nonetheless, it is great news!

I must mention that my home doctors, Mason and Slovak, saved this baby girl and baby boy!  It means a lot to me for them to have the chance to deliver the babies! ( Of course, this can only happen if the babies are mature enough).  I think they are pretty pumped about it too.  If anyone ever says one bad thing about TRMC or Labor/Delivery...I will set the record straight.  We have two miracle doctors in MP.   Two EXTREMELY skilled OBs that impress these doctors in Dallas, DAILY...when I tell them what they did for me and my babies.   

Like the babies....my belly has grown since Ive been here.  :) 


33 weeks

33 weeks
I am relieved as you can tell by my post.  I will continue to update next week and hope for no changes.  Thank you all!  Much love, Tasa

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy to hear the great news. I know you must be more than ready to be home. We are sending positive thoughts, and you are always in our prayers. We love you all!!
    Aunt Amy & Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! And I totally agree with you about the awesome doc's in MP! I have had them both deliver my kiddos (seperately)!! I will keep praying for those babies to stay in!

    ReplyDelete