OUR BUNCH

OUR BUNCH

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hannah and the popsicle stick

    So... Hannah came home yesterday and told me that she got a popsicle stick at school.  Since Hannah is very thorough with details of her school day EACH DAY, I knew exactly what the blue popsicle stick meant.   It is similar to getting your name placed on the chalkboard for doing something bad.  She tells me each day who got in trouble and who got the popsicle sticks.  Well, yesterday, she got a blue popsicle stick...and chose to tell me about it.  (She also told papaw but he thought it was a good thing. :) 
     Of course, I asked the reason for the blue popsicle stick.  She said she pinched D'Travies bc he wouldnt scoot over on the storybook rug.  Immediately, the TV went off and she was grounded from TV for the night (until daddy came home then he would have to hear about the popsicle stick.)  When daddy got home, I told him that Hannah had pinched D'Travies and got her first popsicle stick.  He gave her one lick with the paddle and agreed to grounding her from TV for the night.  He also equated her with Caden, "the bad boy," that gets popsicle sticks every day.  That just broke her heart.  So...I am sure today, at least, we will come home with a good report and no popsicle sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment